The Secretariat of the Pan-African Parliament provides administrative support to the Pan-African Parliament.
The Secretariat is composed of:
- A Clerk, currently[when?] Yusupha Jobe.
- Two Deputy Clerks, currently[when?] Gali Massa Harou (Legislative Business) and Charlotte Marck (Finance, Administration and International Relations).
As head of the Secretariat, the Clerk, is tasked with and has responsibility for the following duties:
- Organise the elections of the President and Vice-Presidents.
- Take minutes of all the proceedings of Parliament and the Permanent Committees.
- Authenticate the votes and proceedings of each sitting by signature.
- Is responsible to Parliament for accounting issues.
- Supervises the staff of the Secretariat.
- Manage the day to day administrative affairs of Parliament.
- "Secretariat". www.panafricanparliament.org. Retrieved 2019-04-28.