International organisations in Europe
The following table lists the independent European states, and their memberships in selected organisations and treaties.
1 These countries are currently not participating in the EU's single market (EEA), but the EU has common external Customs Union agreements with Turkey (EU-Turkey Customs Union in force since 1995), Andorra (since 1991) and San Marino (since 2002). Monaco participates in the EU customs union through its relationship with France; its ports are administered by the French. Vatican City has a customs union in effect with Italy.
2 Monaco, San Marino and Vatican City are not members of Schengen, but act as such via their open borders with France and Italy, respectively.
3 Switzerland is not official member of EEA but has bilateral agreements largely with same content, making it virtual member.
- Only 52 sovereign states are listed, including Kosovo and Vatican which are not UN members. Israel is geographically located in Southwest Asia but participates in some European organizations.
- Gross National Income, List of countries by GNI per capita World Development Indicators database , World Bank, revised 17 October 2008  GNI per capita 2007, Atlas method and PPP; Country classification - low income ($935 or less), upper middle income ($3,706 to $11,455), high income ($11,456 or more)
- Monthly net average wage in USD, in italic-monthly gross wage in USD
- The United Nations is a world-wide organisation with 193 members, see also; Universal Declaration of Human Rights
- Council of Europe is numbering 47 out of 51 European countries and membership is open to all European states which seek European integration, accept the principle of the rule of law and are able and willing to guarantee democracy, fundamental human rights and freedoms with European Court of Human Rights and European Convention on Human Rights, see also European Higher Education Area
- OSCE is an international organization which serves as a forum for political dialogue. Its stated aim is to secure stability in the region (Caucasus, Central Asia, Europe, North America and Russia) based on democratic practices and improved governance
- Number of countries in Trade bloc: EU (27), EAEC (6), EFTA (4), CEFTA (7), other regional blocs (not listed because countries inside are likely, sooner or later, to join EU or EAEC, some already seriously involved in joining processes); CIS (11), GUAM (4); EFTA countries and 4 European microstates marked x, while not EU members, are partially integrated in EU through euro currency, Schengen treaty, EU single market - EEA and Customs Union, see also;European Neighbourhood Policy, Eastern Partnership, Euromediterranean Partnership, Mediterranean Union, Transatlantic Free Trade Area, Eurosphere
- European Economic Area, Commonwealth of Independent States, see also; Free trade areas in Europe
- European Union Customs Union
- Schengen Area
- OECD is an international organization which serves as a forum for economic dialogue. The bulk of its members are in Europe (23), but some are located in other regions (7) - Members states
- WTO - Members and Observers Monaco, San Marino, Kosovo - no official interaction with the WTO, Vatican (Holy See) - special observer status
- European Space Agency - Member states
- Number of countries inside military alliance; NATO (26), CSTO (7); see also; NATO Cooperation with non-member states, Treaty on Conventional Armed Forces in Europe and Shanghai Cooperation Organisation
- International Criminal Court 39 members from Europe
- VWP is a program of the United States of America which allows citizens of countries with visa refusal rate less than 3% and some specific countries 10% to travel to the US for tourism or business for up to 90 days without having to obtain a visa. All countries participating in the program have high HDI and most are regarded as developed countries; Adjusted Visa Refusal Rate Archived 2013-04-05 at the Wayback Machine year 2006 Archived 2013-04-05 at the Wayback Machine, 2007 Archived 2009-02-26 at the Wayback Machine, 2008 Archived 2011-06-22 at the Wayback Machine
- Co-ordinated organisations
- Euronest Parliamentary Assembly
- List of countries in Europe
- List of European countries by life expectancy
- List of European countries by number of internet users
- List of European countries by budget revenues
- List of European countries by GNI (nominal) per capita
- List of sovereign states in Europe by net average wage
- List of conflicts in Europe
- List of international rankings
- International organization
- European integration
- Organization for Security and Co-operation in Europe statistics