In a somewhat surprising move, Jamaican Prime Minister Bruce Golding has decided to step down as JLP (Jamaica Labour Party) leader and Prime Minister. No official date was set. Mr Golding said he would step aside when a new party leader of the JLP has been elected.
The decision brings a lot of speculation and conspiracy theories from members of the general public. After a meeting the JLP execs decided to reject Mr. Golding’s decision, but all indications were that Mr Golding’s decision is final and possibly irrevocable.
We’ll have more in the weeks to come.
What is your take on the decision? Does it have to do with Dudus, his mother’s passing, or some other factors? Let us know what you think. Take the poll and write your comments below it. Please keep comments civil.
Why is Bruce Golding stepping down?
- Other reason - not given (3%, 6 Votes)
- To put country over politics (4%, 7 Votes)
- Mother's recent passing (1%, 2 Votes)
- He is weak (3%, 5 Votes)
- He expects indightment (26%, 46 Votes)
- Dudus has started to sing (35%, 63 Votes)
- Don't know and don't care (6%, 10 Votes)
- Combination of recent events (22%, 40 Votes)
Total Voters: 179