Artist Buju Banton, who was convicted of 3 charges related to drugs (cocaine), has been sentenced to ten (10) years in a maximum security prison by the United States federal court in Tampa, Florida. After that, he’s supposed to be on 5 years probation.
You may recall that Buju was convicted right after winning and accepting his first Grammy award. Buju, now 37, would get out when he’s 47 years old. David Markus, Buju’s attorney begged for leniency but it seems there was none offered.
Please talk to us. What is your take on the whole thing (conviction and now sentence)? Answer the poll and comment below.
Buju Banton sentenced to 10 years in federal prison. What should his sentence be?
- To the ones who set him up. What goes around, comes around. (36%, 26 Votes)
- 10 years prison + 5 years probation was fair. (29%, 21 Votes)
- It was expected given the charges and guilty verdict. (15%, 11 Votes)
- Many of these Rastas / Christians are hypocrites so he deserves it (14%, 10 Votes)
- He should've been given a tougher sentence to send a message (5%, 4 Votes)
- 15 years probation only would be fair for him running his mouth (1%, 1 Votes)
- He deserved a much lighter sentence since he's truly not guilty (0%, 0 Votes)
- Jah would never give the power to a bald head... trying to crucify the dread. (0%, 0 Votes)
Total Voters: 73